Awards & Mentions
Best Advance in Custom Content
- 360-degree interactive escape room
- 25-minute crime drama
- HTML5 compliant application
Training that looks like an HBO show.
The Manager of Food Safety Culture at Hershey’s needed to create a training for employees who don’t typically work on the production floor. Her learning objective was for c-suite executives to understand the full complexity of a product life cycle, showing how every decision they make – from accounting to procurement to legal – can ultimately affect food safety on the plant floor and in the lives of the consumers.
Sage Media recommended a crime drama with interactive VR component. The design of the training resembled an escape room. Watch this case study video to see how we combined the passive, movie-going experience of high-quality storytelling with the learner-driven interactivity of virtual reality.
Here are some of the impacts of this approach:
- Training investment went from $600 per learner to $17.14.
- Program expansion went from 200 targeted learners to 7000, due to the global appeal of the training.
- External relationships and vendor confidences were improved through PR – including from Target, Amazon, and Walmart.
- Speaking engagements through conferences and seminars boomed, as a result of learning innovation.
- Internal and external accolades were earned as a direct result of this initiative, including a Silver Brandon Hall Award.
Production stills from our film set.
This project was filmed entirely in Colorado, using local cast and crew. Photos courtesy of Marla Rutherford.